But over a period of time, these movements may finally become automatic, natural movements and expressions. While it is a slow process, performing the exercises below may be beneficial.
- Sniffle, wrinkle nose, and flare nostrils
- Curl your upper lip up, and then raise and protrude the upper lip
- Try to smile without showing teeth, then smile showing teeth
- Using your index finger and thumb, pull the corners of your lips in toward the center. Slowly and smoothly push out and up into a smile. Continue the movement up to the cheekbone. Use a firm pressure
- Try to close the eye slowly and gently, without letting your mouth pull up or your eyebrow move downward
- Try to raise your eyebrows, and then hold for 10 -15 seconds. Pause, and repeat.
- Gently wink with one eye, and then try the other one. Do it to the best of your ability, and do not push it.
- Open eyes widely, but without involving your eyebrow. Stop if you see any inappropriate muscle actions.